Wholesale Trade Show, July 2013
Update…We are no longer accepting trade show registration as our booth is full. We will be exhibiting again in January 2014, so if you missed the cut-off this time, be sure to “follow” us to be among the 1st to sign up this summer!
We will be exhibiting at Beckman’s Handcrafted Show at the iconic Merchandise Mart in Chicago, IL, July 20-23, 2013!
This is an exciting opportunity as it is a wholesale show which attracts roughly 10,000 wholesale buyers including specialty boutiques, big box retailers, galleries & museums, catalog companies, hospital gift shops, garden centers, and hardware stores. These wholesale buyers come from across the country, but are primarily from Missouri, Minnesota, Kansas, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Iowa.
This show is divided by category, and has a section designated for handcrafted items. This, of course, will be where our booth is.
If you create handmade and want to get into, or expand, in the wholesale sector, this is a prime opportunity for you! Trade shows typically cost thousands of $$$ per booth. So much $$$ in booth rental, booth set-up, marketing materials, product production, and pre/post show planning and follow-up, that it’s oftentimes difficult for an indie designer to go it alone. However, through our service, we share the booth and share the cost.
This is a 4 day show. 4 days full of opportunity. 4 days of retailers and boutique owners seeing and touching your product. 4 days where orders are placed and networking is done.
When you register below, you will receive:
- an appropriate and attractive product display and space in our approximate 10 x 10 booth (or bigger if necessary)
- a salesperson acting on your behalf, helping to sell your product to interested wholesale buyers
- the opportunity to have your wholesale line sheet handed out to any wholesale buyer who expresses interest…for free
- usage of a Sourcing Handmade product order form (which we will create to maintain brand consistency)
- listing in our trade show “takeaway” including your business name, website, and contact method of your choice
We will do your merchandising. We will help sell your product. We will take orders on your behalf. Afterall…we aren’t successful unless you are successful!
Register below, then complete the registration form at bottom of page.
*you must be a registered client of Sourcing Handmade to register for the wholesale trade show. You may register as a client at this link, then return to this page to register for the wholesale trade show.
Wholesale Trade Show Registration
All 20 artisan spots are taken, booth is now full. Please try again this summer for the January, 2014 show.
How the wholesale tradeshow works:
- We set-up and work a 10×10 booth containing product samples of the handmade artisans who register. The booth will have hard walls, appropriate lighting, and attractive displays.
- We will supply your Sourcing Handmade wholesale line sheet to any wholesale buyer who shows interest or orders.
- We will provide a standardized order form to be used for all wholesale orders placed for our handmade vendors.
- You will see an electronic copy of this order form prior to the show.
- No payment is made at the show. We will collect credit card #’s from the buyers placing orders (90% + are willing to provide credit card #’s upon order placement..this is standard practice at this show).**
- The wholesale order form will include a “start ship” and “cancel” date. The order form is a binding contract, unless the buyer cancels by the cancel date. If there is no cancellation, you are free to charge the credit card number on the form, and ship the product(s) without any further communication.
- Custom orders can be charged prior to production. This can be handled by simply having a great enough time spacing between the “start ship” date and “cancel” date.
- After the 4 day show has ended, we will scan and email (or fax if preferred) to our vendors all wholesale orders placed.
- You must be able to take credit card orders. This may entail having a credit card swiper, or a service such as Paypal Virtual Terminal. Please explore and understand your options before registering.**
- Note, per our Terms of Service, “All sales made by Vendor (you) to Client (Boutique or Retailer) will be charged a 2% commission. This commission is to be paid by Vendor to Sourcing Handmade. All payments are payable via Paypal (and all major credit cards accepted via the Paypal service).” The 2% commission will be reflected on the wholesale order form, and will become payable to Sourcing Handmade upon shipment of product to wholesale buyer. Subsequent orders made to same Boutique or Retailer will be charged a 2% commission for one-year (given an active contract exists between Sourcing Handmade and Vendor).
July 2013 Wholesale Trade Show Registration Form
(Note, you may only submit items or item types that you have displayed in our online Gallery.)