Our online wholesale ordering portal has been live for less than 2 weeks. We have a number of wholesale buyers perusing the site, and a few of our handmade artisans have already received a wholesale order! We love seeing existing buyers stopping in to visit, and we love seeing new buyers register who have found us on Google. Say “yay” to great SEO!
We plan to add new products weekly. Within the next week we’ll be adding hand crocheted neck warmers. We LOVE these. So stylish and so comfortable. We will also be adding handcrafted candles and bar soaps. Here’s a teaser….This product line was a big seller at our last wholesale trade show in Chicago in January, and we hope to bring the vendor even more wholesale accounts.
We’re always bringing you EXCITING new items, so register for our online wholesale ordering portal today and check back often to see what’s new. New merchandise for your shop can be found from the comfort of your home or office!
Register today for a free Sourcing Handmade retailer account, and enjoy 24/7 wholesale shopping with our SECURE online ordering.
The products we offer are all handmade by small business owners. Some are available in perpetuity, some are exclusive and once they’re gone, they’re gone! We offer a wide range of products at attractive prices, with very small minimums. You will find no factory made products here!
Shop small, buy local, support small business! Find that unique product your customer just has to buy!
Already registered? Login below to shop, place orders, and review past orders.
Features & Benefits for Wholesale Buyers:
- streamline your ordering with our one-stop shop, accessing multiple vendors and product categories on our site
- place multiple vendors’ products on the same sales order…less administrative work, less hassle!
- no more paper order forms or faxes
- low order minimum of $200, for all sales orders placed with us
- view vendors’ inventory levels for immediate shipment, if applicable
- set start ship dates, if required
- write notes on sales order for customizing information, if applicable
- deal with one entity, Sourcing Handmade…no more juggling several indie vendors
- we never store credit card #’s, they are encrypted & processed appropriately through authorize.net
September 16, 2014
A recent article in Crain’s Chicago Business answers “Why is it so hard to be a boutique owner in Chicago?” Being from Chicago, it’s no surprise that last year’s polar vortex kept shoppers indoors, afraid to venture out into temperatures colder than they had been in at least 20 years. However, that’s just a piece of the story.
One boutique owner found “small, lower-priced designers were going out of business left and right as credit dried up, making it hard to find inventory.” Higher-end national labels approached her about selling their product, but she knew the expensive lines just wouldn’t sell. So, she was stuck.
But not anymore! Hand makers fill an important supply piece of this puzzle. The problem is, it’s too hard and time-consuming for many boutique owners to find them. Why are they an important piece?
- they have a unique product and viewpoint…they are oftentimes undiscovered talent
- they have very low minimums and have flexibility
- they have acceptable price points
- they have passion!
We are bringing together as many hand-makers as possible to offer boutique buyers a solution to the problem many shop owners face. On October 1, 2014, wholesale buyers can shop online RIGHT HERE and find amazing new merchandise for their stores. So far, our ordering platform is lined up with the following broad categories of handmade product: jewelry, fine art, home goods, children’s. More product is being added weekly until our launch.
Are you a hand-maker? Click here to learn more and sign up.
Are you a boutique buyer? Follow us on Facebook to be sure you hear when we are open for business. Personal invitations will be emailed to any boutique buyer on our newsletter list. Not sure if you’re on the list? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll add you, simple as that!
We can’t wait to offer you some great product!
September 2, 2014
A recent article in Bloomberg Businessweek talks of new-found competition in China over Alibaba. If you’re not familiar, this is a Chinese owned website where companies can source global products. Here is why I bring this up:
- The U.S. is so much in debt to China, it confounds me that people would intentionally give them even more American business.
- Buying an import directly takes away from a domestic competitor.
- Products sourced online from overseas have little transparency. Who is making the product? Does the manufacturer use child labor? Is the factory worker paid a fair wage? Are toxic chemicals being used? In all likelihood, the answers are obvious and uncomfortable, so people don’t want to talk about it.
- The article states there is a “battle of the billionaires” in China over this e-commerce service. Is that a party you want to join?
- Small businesses open in the U.S. in order to fulfill a type of American Dream for the business owner. It’s unfortunate if this American Dream needs to come by way of making Chinese billionaires even richer.
This is what drives our passion at Sourcing Handmade.
Our NEW online wholesale ordering platform will be comprised of items HANDMADE in the USA. This means transparency. This means helping to fulfill more American Dreams…but aside from the emotional component, it means tangible business advantages such as: very low product minimums, no questionable labor practices, no toxic chemicals, attractive wholesale prices, virtually knowing the maker, the ability to contact us easily (no impossible to reach billionaire business owners here!), and of course the sense of peace that accompanies making sourcing decisions that not only make financial sense, but make sense in our hearts as well.
STAY TUNED, our online wholesale ordering portal will open this fall. Become even more of a “conscious consumer.” Know what you buy so you can know what you sell.
September 1, 2014
In honor of Labor Day, we’re extending our 50% off discount for our new online wholesale ordering platform, through end of day today…and we’re opening it to ALL interested artisans. This is a great opportunity to have your handmade items available for online wholesale ordering by boutiques. Click here and type in the password success. We are launching to our 65 registered wholesale buyers in Sept., and will follow that up with an ad in Gift Shop Magazine this winter.
Don’t miss out! This offer will expire at the end of the day today. Once your products are uploaded to our wholesale ordering portal, you, the artisan, will receive access to view your products.
Get in on the ground running, and pick up some new wholesale accounts this year!
August 26, 2014
Get in on the back to school buzz with back to work excitement for your handmade biz! Fresh start, new opportunities, more growth is all around the corner.
We will be offering boutique buyers ONLINE wholesale ordering this fall. This will present a huge opportunity to both handmade artisans and boutique buyers. Buyers will be able to order multiple vendors’ products on a single sales order. This will lessen administrative work on their end which = more time…and time is money! They can use our one-stop-shop to find many different types of unique, beautiful handcrafted items. Vendors can list products by case pack, or minimum order quantities, to take care of their volume requirements. They will also benefit from belonging to a community of amazing, handmade items, where their presence helps each other gain new wholesale accounts. Click here to read more Features & Benefits for both wholesale buyers and artisans.
We will launch to our 60+ registered wholesale buyers in September, so sit tight!
Artisans, do you want to get in on the ground running? Then sign up here if you are new to Sourcing Handmade, or sign up here if you are a current or past client (type password success). We currently have artwork, entertaining, and home decor categories registered for our online ordering portal, but we are not putting any limits on participation yet, so join us today!
Simply put, drop shipping is part of the supply chain whereby a distributor facilitates the receipt of goods from a vendor to a buyer. Refer to the infographic below (noting “us” theoretically is Sourcing Handmade). Through “drop shipping,” the buyer orders goods indirectly from the vendor (via the distributor), who “drop ships” directly to the buyer. The distributor handles the sales orders, purchase orders, and invoices. Advantages of this are numerous:
- The distributor does not (necessarily) carry any inventory. If not, s/he does not incur the costs associated with the overhead involved in carrying stock.
- The vendor does not have to seek out buyers (the distributor helps do this).
- The buyer does not have to seek out individual vendors (s/he can find several vendors through one distributor).
- The economies of scale involved when parties come together, a one-stop-shop (the drop-shipping distributor) who mediates the sale from vendor to buyer.
For those familiar with us (Sourcing Handmade), it is akin to us taking wholesale orders on our site, where we are already introducing handmade artisans and wholesale buyers. Did you check out that infographic yet?
July 24, 2014
Ready to get your sparkle, swank, and groove on?! Inspired by beach cities with blue skies and endless sunshine, Sharon creates these bags filled with fun and flair! Up-cycled denim pockets are used to create super functional, super fun bags. They are available in every color of the rainbow. They may be adorned with 6″ or 14″ fringe, 7″ gerber daisy flowers, tie dye backing, and Swarovski rhinestones. The peace sign adornment is hand painted and glittered. Cording strap is just over 1 yard long, and pocket includes a velcro closure. This is perfect to fit a smartphone, id, credit cards, lipstick, and some cash. It is the final touch on your ensemble for a night out on the town. They make great gifts (think birthdays, holidays, bridesmaid gifts), are great for vacations and more! Something fun and affordable about which your customers won’t have to think twice!
Register online here as a wholesale buyer (it’s free), and view this artisan’s wholesale line sheet today! She has been in business over 25 years and sells to boutiques across the globe!