vin·tage: of old, recognized, and enduring interest, importance, or quality (Merriam-Webster)
Vintage items evoke feelings of nostalgia…they are reminiscent of the past. However, they appeal to people of all ages. They don’t just have a look about them, they have a feel about them. This is precisely what Julie of Our Vintage Flair achieves in her line of vintage greeting cards. Her intricate designs are carefully handcrafted with appropriate and relevant adornments. The attention to detail is outstanding. These are cards that will be cherished and saved in a keepsake box not only for the sentimental message inscribed by a loved one, but for the card itself!
Greeting cards are wholesaled as sampler packs that include “special occasion” and “holiday”. These vintage greeting cards make an eye-catching display. Buyers will pick them up, read them, and appreciate them for their beauty. Buyers will be prompted to purchase a card and send it in the mail, the old-fashioned way, instead of sending the standard unemotional email or text that is becoming a constant today. Help your clientele re-connect with family and friends in a thoughtful, considerate way!
January 23, 2014
If you haven’t checked it out on our Facebook page, here is the photo gallery from our booth at the Chicago Gift Market, which concluded this week. The show was a success for us, as the majority of our participating artisans received orders. A big thank you to the awesome boutiques who bought from us, who specialize in: clothing & accessories, gifts, vintage items, pet items, plus a mini-department store and an Ace Hardware. You can see them on our new “locations” page. Not only did our select vendors gain orders, they quite possibly have gained a life-long wholesale relationship with their buyers, that could benefit and help grow their business indefinitely. Way to go everyone! Click image to open gallery.
Here’s a our flyer for the Chicago Gift Market, Beckman’s Handcrafted, at which we’ll be exhibiting this weekend, Jan. 18-21, at the Merchandise Mart in downtown Chicago. Booth 8-7084. Our 6 participating artisans are showcased.
Some sales happen at the show, some occur after. This takeaway is a great advertising tool for those participating.
Did you miss the boat this time? Well…we just may be exhibiting again in July 2014! Imagine the money (and time!) you’d save by sharing a booth with us and other talented artisans, as opposed to going it alone…
January 12, 2014
We re-vamped our Wholesale Buyer & Retailer Services page to include logos for the *vast majority of our clients. Whether you’re a client, an interested artisan, a shop owner, a wholesale buyer registered with us, or a curious bystander, click here to check it out.
A logo is the face of a business. It says a lot. Is it playful and colorful? Is it serious and subdued? Has the business registered a ™, is it ©’d, is it ®’d? Is it an LLC or an Inc? These symbols also tell us a lot about whom we’re conducting business.
Take a look at our Wholesale Buyer & Retailers Services page to see a sampling of the successful handmade vendors we represent. They are in as few as 1 and as many as 50 retail locations throughout the US and the world. They have worked long and hard for their success to date, and we are proud to show them off.
If you are a wholesale buyer and are not registered with us yet, do so quickly and freely by submitting our Wholesale Buyer Registration Form. You will receive access to our artisans’ wholesale line sheets within 24 hours if you are approved.
If you are a handmade artisan and would like to learn how we can help you sell your handmade product wholesale, review our artisans services by clicking here.
Lastly, if you are local to Chicago, SHOP OUR BOOTH at The Chicago Gift Market wholesale trade show Jan. 18-21 at the iconic Merchandise Mart in downtown Chicago. We’ll be in booth 8-7084, representing products from 6 of our amazing artisans.
* The list is not all inclusive, more clients will be added pending receipt of high res digital files.
January 4, 2014
The Chicago Gift Market wholesale trade show is just days away. We will be exhibiting Jan. 18-21 at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago. This is a prime opportunity for NEW artisans to join our site! Thousands of wholesale buyers will visit the show, view our 1/2 page Market Directory ad, and tons will walk by and shop our booth.
Sign up with us as a Handmade Artisan by January 10 to ensure YOUR products are in our Gallery before the show. We expect a big influx of traffic to our site during the show, so this is a prime time for you to sign up…and if you do by Jan. 10, we will also give you a FREE PACKAGE UPGRADE ($30 value).
Click here to sign up today!
Our 1/2 page ad in the Market Directory for the upcoming Chicago Gift Market is here! 4 of our 5 participating vendors are included in the ad! Click the link below to view it on our Google Drive!
November 11, 2013
One need not be an art purveyor to appreciate the talent behind this line of fine art. From the vibrant colors to the texture and depth, each piece will help the bearer tell a story, complete a vision. Museum shops, galleries, home decor shops & design studios alike will find desire and purpose for this unique line of wholesale ready fine art.
We are proud to represent the original fine abstract art of Ryan O’Neill. This Canadian artist is inspired by nature, urban graffiti, and many things in between. Ryan has sold and shipped art all over the world, and sells in a variety of high-end gift stores, museum gift shops, design shops and specialty shops. He has earned many accolades, including, but not limited to:
Winner of Talenthouse creative invite to collaborate with U2 as part of the 20th anniversary of Achtung Baby album.
Featured in a recently published book by Renee Rongen, Motivational Speaker.
Ryan’s Peace Painting was Recently Part of the See l Me Exhibition in New York.
His art has the ability to create an abstract art fan from an atypical buyer…perfect, eye-catching pieces to draw passers by into your shop.
October 13, 2013
Registration opening soon!!
Accepting up to 12 handmade artisans, first come, first served. Must be a client to participate. Products will only be accepted with a wholesale price < $75.
We will be exhibiting at the Chicago Gift Market at the iconic Merchandise Mart in Chicago, IL, January 18-21, 2014!
This is an exciting opportunity as it is a wholesale show which attracts roughly 6,000 wholesale buyers including specialty boutiques, big box retailers, galleries & museums, catalog companies, hospital gift shops, garden centers, and hardware stores. These wholesale buyers are primarily from Missouri, Minnesota, Kansas, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Iowa, but the show certainly attracts buyers from across the nation.
This show is divided by category, and has a section designated for handcrafted items. This, of course, will be where our booth is…in the Beckman’s Handcrafted section.
If you create handmade and want to get into, or expand, in the wholesale sector, this is a prime opportunity for you! Trade shows typically cost thousands of $$$ per booth. So much $$$ in booth rental, booth set-up, marketing materials, product production, transportation, and pre/post show planning and follow-up, that it’s oftentimes difficult for an indie designer to go it alone. However, through our service, we share the booth and share the cost.
This is a 4 day show. 4 days full of opportunity. 4 days of retailers and boutique owners seeing and touching your product. 4 days where orders are placed and networking is done.
When you register you will receive:
- an appropriate and attractive product display and space in our 10 x 10 booth
- a salesperson acting on your behalf, helping to sell your product to interested wholesale buyers
- increased traffic to our booth via a half page ad in the tradeshow Market Directory, handed to every wholesale buyer in attendance
- usage of a professional Sourcing Handmade product order form
- increased exposure for our online gallery via pre & post show marketing materials
- post show communication regarding leads and product feedback, if available
- return shipment of show samples, at our expense
We will do your merchandising. We will help sell your product. We will take orders on your behalf. Afterall…we aren’t successful unless you are successful!
*you must be a registered client of Sourcing Handmade to register for the wholesale trade show. You may register as a client at this link, then return to this page to register for the wholesale trade show.
Wholesale Trade Show Registration
How the wholesale tradeshow works:
- We set-up and work a 10 x 10 booth containing product samples of the handmade artisans who register. The booth will have hard walls, appropriate lighting, and attractive displays.
- We will provide a standardized order form to be used for all wholesale orders placed for our handmade vendors.
- No payment is made at the show. We will collect credit card #’s from the buyers placing orders (90% + are willing to provide credit card #’s upon order placement..this is standard practice at this show). Participating vendors must be able to take and process credit card orders.**
- The wholesale order form will include a “start ship” and “cancel” date. The order form is a binding contract, unless the buyer cancels by the cancel date. If there is no cancellation, you are free to charge the credit card number on the form, and ship the product(s) without any further communication.
- Custom orders can be charged prior to production. This can be handled by simply having a great enough time spacing between the “start ship” date and “cancel” date.
- If you must charge the buyer a deposit prior to production, please indicate on your registration form (otherwise, buyer is charged at ship date).
- After the 4 day show has ended, we will scan and email (or fax if preferred) to our vendors any wholesale orders placed.
- You must be able to take credit card orders. This may entail having a credit card swiper, or a service such as Paypal Virtual Terminal. Please explore and understand your options before registering.**
- All trade show sales will be charged a 6% commission. All commission payments are payable via Paypal (and all major credit cards accepted via the Paypal service). The 6% commission will be reflected on the wholesale order form, and will become payable to Sourcing Handmade upon shipment of product to Buyer. Subsequent orders made to same Boutique or Retailer will be charged a 2% commission for one-year (given an active contract exists between Sourcing Handmade and Vendor).
Samples must be in our possession by December 15, 2013. An inventory list must be included with your samples.
Each product must be labeled with a wholesale price! Please price items before shipping your samples. Include item #’s on products if you’d like.
REGISTRATION OPENS THIS WEEK! FOLLOW US SOCIALLY TO BE AMONGST THE 1ST TO SIGN-UP!