One need not be an art purveyor to appreciate the talent behind this line of fine art. From the vibrant colors to the texture and depth, each piece will help the bearer tell a story, complete a vision. Museum shops, galleries, home decor shops & design studios alike will find desire and purpose for this unique line of wholesale ready fine art.
We are proud to represent the original fine abstract art of Ryan O’Neill. This Canadian artist is inspired by nature, urban graffiti, and many things in between. Ryan has sold and shipped art all over the world, and sells in a variety of high-end gift stores, museum gift shops, design shops and specialty shops. He has earned many accolades, including, but not limited to:
Winner of Talenthouse creative invite to collaborate with U2 as part of the 20th anniversary of Achtung Baby album.
Featured in a recently published book by Renee Rongen, Motivational Speaker.
Ryan’s Peace Painting was Recently Part of the See l Me Exhibition in New York.
His art has the ability to create an abstract art fan from an atypical buyer…perfect, eye-catching pieces to draw passers by into your shop.
Registration opening soon!!
Accepting up to 12 handmade artisans, first come, first served. Must be a client to participate. Products will only be accepted with a wholesale price < $75.
We will be exhibiting at the Chicago Gift Market at the iconic Merchandise Mart in Chicago, IL, January 18-21, 2014!
This is an exciting opportunity as it is a wholesale show which attracts roughly 6,000 wholesale buyers including specialty boutiques, big box retailers, galleries & museums, catalog companies, hospital gift shops, garden centers, and hardware stores. These wholesale buyers are primarily from Missouri, Minnesota, Kansas, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Iowa, but the show certainly attracts buyers from across the nation.
This show is divided by category, and has a section designated for handcrafted items. This, of course, will be where our booth is…in the Beckman’s Handcrafted section.
If you create handmade and want to get into, or expand, in the wholesale sector, this is a prime opportunity for you! Trade shows typically cost thousands of $$$ per booth. So much $$$ in booth rental, booth set-up, marketing materials, product production, transportation, and pre/post show planning and follow-up, that it’s oftentimes difficult for an indie designer to go it alone. However, through our service, we share the booth and share the cost.
This is a 4 day show. 4 days full of opportunity. 4 days of retailers and boutique owners seeing and touching your product. 4 days where orders are placed and networking is done.
When you register you will receive:
- an appropriate and attractive product display and space in our 10 x 10 booth
- a salesperson acting on your behalf, helping to sell your product to interested wholesale buyers
- increased traffic to our booth via a half page ad in the tradeshow Market Directory, handed to every wholesale buyer in attendance
- usage of a professional Sourcing Handmade product order form
- increased exposure for our online gallery via pre & post show marketing materials
- post show communication regarding leads and product feedback, if available
- return shipment of show samples, at our expense
We will do your merchandising. We will help sell your product. We will take orders on your behalf. Afterall…we aren’t successful unless you are successful!
*you must be a registered client of Sourcing Handmade to register for the wholesale trade show. You may register as a client at this link, then return to this page to register for the wholesale trade show.
Wholesale Trade Show Registration
How the wholesale tradeshow works:
- We set-up and work a 10 x 10 booth containing product samples of the handmade artisans who register. The booth will have hard walls, appropriate lighting, and attractive displays.
- We will provide a standardized order form to be used for all wholesale orders placed for our handmade vendors.
- No payment is made at the show. We will collect credit card #’s from the buyers placing orders (90% + are willing to provide credit card #’s upon order placement..this is standard practice at this show). Participating vendors must be able to take and process credit card orders.**
- The wholesale order form will include a “start ship” and “cancel” date. The order form is a binding contract, unless the buyer cancels by the cancel date. If there is no cancellation, you are free to charge the credit card number on the form, and ship the product(s) without any further communication.
- Custom orders can be charged prior to production. This can be handled by simply having a great enough time spacing between the “start ship” date and “cancel” date.
- If you must charge the buyer a deposit prior to production, please indicate on your registration form (otherwise, buyer is charged at ship date).
- After the 4 day show has ended, we will scan and email (or fax if preferred) to our vendors any wholesale orders placed.
- You must be able to take credit card orders. This may entail having a credit card swiper, or a service such as Paypal Virtual Terminal. Please explore and understand your options before registering.**
- All trade show sales will be charged a 6% commission. All commission payments are payable via Paypal (and all major credit cards accepted via the Paypal service). The 6% commission will be reflected on the wholesale order form, and will become payable to Sourcing Handmade upon shipment of product to Buyer. Subsequent orders made to same Boutique or Retailer will be charged a 2% commission for one-year (given an active contract exists between Sourcing Handmade and Vendor).
Samples must be in our possession by December 15, 2013. An inventory list must be included with your samples.
Each product must be labeled with a wholesale price! Please price items before shipping your samples. Include item #’s on products if you’d like.
REGISTRATION OPENS THIS WEEK! FOLLOW US SOCIALLY TO BE AMONGST THE 1ST TO SIGN-UP!
From the frozen tundra to the sunny beach, Ashley & Nate’s travels always centered around their love of the outdoors. Their desire for career freedom helped jump start their idea to create 100% vegan, cruelty-free bath & body products. Their fun-loving nature is evident in their brand name. From hair products to keep one’s hair clean or curls bouncing, to flavorful lip balms, to minimal ingredient body sprays, this full product line not only offers many daily essentials, but also provides a fun and attractive product display.
Products are only tested on humans. Packaging comes from recycled paper. Passion comes from love of Mother Earth.
Register online as a wholesale buyer to receive access to the vendor’s wholesale line sheet, including the link to their brand new website!
August 27, 2013
Ever wonder what is the true cost of exhibiting at a trade show? If you only consider booth rental fee, you will be in for a big surprise! We recently exhibited at the Chicago Gift Market wholesale trade show at the Merchandise Mart in downtown Chicago (Beckman’s Handcrafted section). Exhibiting at a trade show is a big deal. The time, money, and energy required are so high that one must really be committed. Below is a sample itemized list of trade show expenses:
Booth Rental, 10′ x 10′ = $1500 (Some shows charge $2000 + for a 10′ x 10′ booth)
Show Upgrades (i.e. lighting) = $200
Displays & Supplies = $1200
Show Advertising = $500 – $1500
Pre & Post Marketing = $400
Order Forms = $40
Show Parking = $250
Mileage = $105
Lunch Expense = $75
TOTAL EXPENSE = $4200 +
These expenses are somewhat subjective, and depend upon the following:
- type of displays & fixtures
- trade show directory advertising
- upgrades (lighting or vacuumed carpeting, etc.)
- type of pre & post marketing
- travel expenses (mileage, hotel, airfare)
Using this example, one must make $4200 in sales to break even. However, publicity and exposure, though not quantifiable, must be factored into the equation…the exhibitor must put his / her own value on this.
At Sourcing Handmade, we have added trade show participation as an add-on service. For a nominal fee, 23 handmade artisans participated with us in this past July’s trade show. We shared a 10′ x 20′ booth and shared the expense. We are likely going to participate in the Chicago Gift Market wholesale trade show in January 2014. Once a decision is made, the details and registration will be posted to our blog and Facebook. However, if you feel that you would be interested, please let us know by commenting on this post, posting to our Facebook, or emailing us at info at sourcinghandmade .com (no spaces).
August 23, 2013
Awesomeness…straight from Kyrgyzstan! Nurbek handcrafts these felted wool slippers with clear expertise and care, using 100% sheep wool. They are extremely comfortable and warm…but not too warm. The unique, oriental detailing is done by hand, and is a treat in-and-of itself. The natural wool material breathes easily, is eco-friendly and biodegradable. The interior surface organically absorbs perspiration…so no more stinky, sweaty feet! These slippers are unique, functional, and special. They are great for gifts, the holidays, men, women, and yourself!
August 7, 2013
Push out the bad, bring in the good. That’s the idea behind Orgone Energy™ jewelry. Orgone energy is also known as Chi, Ki, Prana and Life Force – it is the energy present within all objects.
How it works: Negative orgone energy is attracted to the jewelry piece by the resin encased matrix. This flow of energy is directed through the piece by the copper coils, focused by quartz crystals, filtered by the various natural materials suspended within the matrix, and then transformed and released back into the environment in a more positive state. In a nutshell, wearing this jewelry can help you feel more positive, happier, and just better.
The pieces each contain different combinations of metals, crystals and gemstones, making each piece a one of a kind, and as unique as it is beautiful! Sets can include a matching necklace, earrings, and bracelet. Perfect for yoga studios, wellness stores, or any gift shop.
July 25, 2013
Here are pictures of our 10′ x 20′ booth at the Chicago Gift Market, Beckman’s Handcrafted, this past week. We did re-merchandise a few times. Most notably, the clothing came up front and off the walls, the handbags and messenger bags switched walls, the table jewelry all had a turn being center stage up front, hats and make-up bags switched places, and vertical displays moved to the back to offer better traffic flow. Plus, we upgraded our lighting (not shown in pics).
According to nearby exhibitors who have done this show before, traffic was down. This was a general consensus. However, all in all, we had about 300 buyers walk through our booth. These are buyers who were interested enough from the aisle that they walked into our booth and browsed our products. We took out 2 ads in The Market Directory, a 1/2 page and a product gallery ad. Some buyers intentionally came to our booth because of the ad. We heard “Oh, this is the booth,” “This is 8046,” etc. 17% of the participating vendors received sales at the show. Our buyers ranged from the west coast to the midwest. We did a lot of networking, met several prospective new clients, and left with leads for a handful of our clients. We are also setting up an in-store appointment with a local boutique which was interested in a few product lines.
Please view the gallery below!
July 9, 2013
Think handmade products are only for women? Think again. Below are some of our products created with men in mind. The Unisex Orgone Energy™ Rustic Copper Pendant helps push out the bad energy and bring in the good. The “Manly Man” body spray is vegan and exudes the scent of classic manly toughness. The felted wool slippers not only have a unique asian influenced design, but are super comfortable…that’s why my husband wants a pair! The “Be Funky” abstract acrylic painting will certainly draw male shoppers into a shop.
Bring in product that a man will buy for himself while he’s out shopping for his wife…because every good guy, good dad, and good husband deserves a treat every now and then.