December 4, 2014
We are gearing up for an incredible 2015! To that end, we are offering the following PROMOTIONS to handmade artisans who are looking to increase their wholesale accounts (you know, brick-and-mortar retailers, or even online stores). Whether you have 50, 5, or 1 wholesale account, we are here to help you grow your business!
Here are the details:
- Any vendor who registers for a package and makes payment by 12/31 will receive 3 free months in our online wholesale ordering shop (12 paid and 3 free!). That is a minimum $25 value! Plus, amongst those who sign-up, one lucky winner’s product will be included in our 1st ever Retailer Only Newsletter that will be emailed in January ’15.
- One lucky winner will receive our Wholesale Mini Package completely FREE! This is a $99 value! The winner will be based on his/her activity on our Facebook page. Comments, likes, shares, etc. is all it takes to be entered into the drawing. The winner will be chosen at random from amongst the top 5 active vendors on our Facebook page. The winner will be announced Dec. 31. Contest starts NOW!
- Any vendor who signs up for our Wholesale Lite, Wholesale Standard, or Wholesale Max Packages will automatically have their product’s photo included in our 1st Retailer Only Newsletter that will be emailed in January ’15. This newsletter will be emailed to not only the 41 active wholesale buyers on our site, but also to any of our 360 newsletter followers who fall under the category wholesale buyer or retailer. This is a free ad for your product, dropped right into retailers’ inboxes!
We hope you take advantage of these promos! The holidays are here and there’s no better way to spread cheer than by spreading opportunity and hope!
November 17, 2014
We love Uncommon Goods! Their recent blog post “7 Things You Didn’t Know About Handmade Jewelry” explains why it is infinitely better that mass produced jewelry. Go on, click and read!
Our online wholesale ordering portal has been live for less than 2 weeks. We have a number of wholesale buyers perusing the site, and a few of our handmade artisans have already received a wholesale order! We love seeing existing buyers stopping in to visit, and we love seeing new buyers register who have found us on Google. Say “yay” to great SEO!
We plan to add new products weekly. Within the next week we’ll be adding hand crocheted neck warmers. We LOVE these. So stylish and so comfortable. We will also be adding handcrafted candles and bar soaps. Here’s a teaser….This product line was a big seller at our last wholesale trade show in Chicago in January, and we hope to bring the vendor even more wholesale accounts.
We’re always bringing you EXCITING new items, so register for our online wholesale ordering portal today and check back often to see what’s new. New merchandise for your shop can be found from the comfort of your home or office!
Register today for a free Sourcing Handmade retailer account, and enjoy 24/7 wholesale shopping with our SECURE online ordering.
The products we offer are all handmade by small business owners. Some are available in perpetuity, some are exclusive and once they’re gone, they’re gone! We offer a wide range of products at attractive prices, with very small minimums. You will find no factory made products here!
Shop small, buy local, support small business! Find that unique product your customer just has to buy!
Already registered? Login below to shop, place orders, and review past orders.
Features & Benefits for Wholesale Buyers:
- streamline your ordering with our one-stop shop, accessing multiple vendors and product categories on our site
- place multiple vendors’ products on the same sales order…less administrative work, less hassle!
- no more paper order forms or faxes
- low order minimum of $200, for all sales orders placed with us
- view vendors’ inventory levels for immediate shipment, if applicable
- set start ship dates, if required
- write notes on sales order for customizing information, if applicable
- deal with one entity, Sourcing Handmade…no more juggling several indie vendors
- we never store credit card #’s, they are encrypted & processed appropriately through authorize.net
September 16, 2014
A recent article in Crain’s Chicago Business answers “Why is it so hard to be a boutique owner in Chicago?” Being from Chicago, it’s no surprise that last year’s polar vortex kept shoppers indoors, afraid to venture out into temperatures colder than they had been in at least 20 years. However, that’s just a piece of the story.
One boutique owner found “small, lower-priced designers were going out of business left and right as credit dried up, making it hard to find inventory.” Higher-end national labels approached her about selling their product, but she knew the expensive lines just wouldn’t sell. So, she was stuck.
But not anymore! Hand makers fill an important supply piece of this puzzle. The problem is, it’s too hard and time-consuming for many boutique owners to find them. Why are they an important piece?
- they have a unique product and viewpoint…they are oftentimes undiscovered talent
- they have very low minimums and have flexibility
- they have acceptable price points
- they have passion!
We are bringing together as many hand-makers as possible to offer boutique buyers a solution to the problem many shop owners face. On October 1, 2014, wholesale buyers can shop online RIGHT HERE and find amazing new merchandise for their stores. So far, our ordering platform is lined up with the following broad categories of handmade product: jewelry, fine art, home goods, children’s. More product is being added weekly until our launch.
Are you a hand-maker? Click here to learn more and sign up.
Are you a boutique buyer? Follow us on Facebook to be sure you hear when we are open for business. Personal invitations will be emailed to any boutique buyer on our newsletter list. Not sure if you’re on the list? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll add you, simple as that!
We can’t wait to offer you some great product!
September 2, 2014
A recent article in Bloomberg Businessweek talks of new-found competition in China over Alibaba. If you’re not familiar, this is a Chinese owned website where companies can source global products. Here is why I bring this up:
- The U.S. is so much in debt to China, it confounds me that people would intentionally give them even more American business.
- Buying an import directly takes away from a domestic competitor.
- Products sourced online from overseas have little transparency. Who is making the product? Does the manufacturer use child labor? Is the factory worker paid a fair wage? Are toxic chemicals being used? In all likelihood, the answers are obvious and uncomfortable, so people don’t want to talk about it.
- The article states there is a “battle of the billionaires” in China over this e-commerce service. Is that a party you want to join?
- Small businesses open in the U.S. in order to fulfill a type of American Dream for the business owner. It’s unfortunate if this American Dream needs to come by way of making Chinese billionaires even richer.
This is what drives our passion at Sourcing Handmade.
Our NEW online wholesale ordering platform will be comprised of items HANDMADE in the USA. This means transparency. This means helping to fulfill more American Dreams…but aside from the emotional component, it means tangible business advantages such as: very low product minimums, no questionable labor practices, no toxic chemicals, attractive wholesale prices, virtually knowing the maker, the ability to contact us easily (no impossible to reach billionaire business owners here!), and of course the sense of peace that accompanies making sourcing decisions that not only make financial sense, but make sense in our hearts as well.
STAY TUNED, our online wholesale ordering portal will open this fall. Become even more of a “conscious consumer.” Know what you buy so you can know what you sell.
September 1, 2014
In honor of Labor Day, we’re extending our 50% off discount for our new online wholesale ordering platform, through end of day today…and we’re opening it to ALL interested artisans. This is a great opportunity to have your handmade items available for online wholesale ordering by boutiques. Click here and type in the password success. We are launching to our 65 registered wholesale buyers in Sept., and will follow that up with an ad in Gift Shop Magazine this winter.
Don’t miss out! This offer will expire at the end of the day today. Once your products are uploaded to our wholesale ordering portal, you, the artisan, will receive access to view your products.
Get in on the ground running, and pick up some new wholesale accounts this year!