“Buying for the shop is serious business, and my single biggest expense.” Chicago area boutique owner.
“Going to tradeshows and contacting vendors online can be extremely time consuming and expensive.” West Coast boutique owner.
Shop owners must turnover inventory and keep it fresh. That’s what gains repeat customers: new merchandise; trendy, creatively unique items; never-before-seen items; quality items.
At Sourcing Handmade, we help boutique owners discover new products…by bringing a virtual trade show to them. No more endless hours of searching for trustworthy wholesale distributors for your boutique. We bring them to you. Our gallery includes items handmade by some of the most talented independent artists and indie designers around.
At Sourcing Handmade, we inspect, review, and ultimately recommend what may be the next big seller.
We understand the common problems with sourcing product:
- knock-off wholesalers
- distributors adding cost to product
- large minimums that are difficult to meet
- endless hours of searching for product online
- travel expenses incurred to attend trade shows
- wholesalers with a retail-branch, lessening a boutique’s ability to compete
- high-end designers moving production overseas, utilizing questionable labor practices